Pattern Overview

Velocitas : a new hoodie by Sofilantjes

The second test in my work free week, was one for Sofilantjes Patterns: Velocitas Hoodie.
My collection of Sofilantjes patterns is quite large. This was the first designer I ever dared to fill out a tester application for. I tried a few times, but never got picked ...  until now! I was happy I got to test for Anne and my daughter was not objecting to a new hoodie.

We went to the fabric store in search of red fabric and off course we came home with another combination. Stoffen Van Leuven will do that to you ;-)
We ended up with a mintgreen "happy fleece" (or maybe i should call it fleece lined sweater fabric) sprinkled with glitter.

If the fabric has glitter, we might as well go all out on the glitter front, right? We got ribbing and cord with glitter and some silver cord stops.






The colorblocked sleeves are perfect for text. Some of the others testers really did a great job finding suitable quotes. Just check out the Sofilantjes facebookgroup.

I planned to put some mintgreen dandelion plushes on the black colorblock. But when I saw how the black fabric reacted to my iron, I gave up that idea. The back actually melts of the iron comes to close. Not a good idea to put that in a press.

So the sleeves stayed plain black and that's ok.
I still love the sleeves. My machine did a great job on topstitching. It has proven impossible to photograph the black on black stitching, but it's gorgeous. I tried out the walking foot for the first time and I'm in love. That thing is never coming off again! I'll tell you all about my new best friend one of these days.


The pattern features 2 colorblock options. My daughter is wearing option A: with 2 color blocks and a pocket. There is also a gorgeous 3-piece colorblock for the front with a triangle. That one went straight to the to sew list!
With both long and short sleeves the possibilities are endless.
And we're not even talking about the matching dress add-on from the Omni Tempore sweater.

The hood is large enough to sit comfortable even with long hair like hers. It all fits, but since it tickles, she doesn't put her hair inside the hood very often.
She usually wears the hood down, so it's great that it lays nice and flat.

I'm proud to say she's also posing on the cover.
She doesn't really care about the cover picture, but she absolutely loves the sweater. She has been wearing it for six days in a row now. I should be thinking about ways to get her to allow me to wash it ... because that won't be easy.


Velocitas Hoodie ranges from size 12m to 14y. You can buy it at the Sofilantjes website. If you that through this link, I get a small commission. the price stays the same for you.
During the 4-day release sale you can get the pattern at €6,50 (that's EU tax included).
If you buy it after March 25th 2019, the price will be €9,50.





No comments:

Post a Comment